Navinci is seeking a Senior Assay/Product Developer with leadership skills to join the R&D team. Reporting to the Chief Product and Science Officer, the successful candidate will oversee and execute the product development projects. The role includes leading a project team and supporting the technology transfer from R&D to production. The work will be variable and dynamic as we continue to grow and scale our product portfolio. Your mission will be to contribute to the company’s success by ensuring products are developed on time, with the highest quality according to customer needs in focus.
· Plan, coordinate, execute, and document assigned product development projects (project strategy, scope, goals, plans, timelines)
· Give timely status reports to leadership.
· Manage and train junior staff in the Product Development team, own team backlog, and fulfillment work.
· Prepare and present required interim and final reports for projects.
· Be accountable for on-time, scope, and high-quality results.
· Communicate clearly and on time, providing delivery dates, updates, and the necessary documentation.
· Act independently and efficiently to ensure that the project requirements, deadlines, and budgets are met.
· Source, prepare, and create technical documentation (raw material specifications, SOPs, recipes, finished product specifications, etc.) following current procedures and systems.
· Streamline current processes focusing on continuous improvements and implementation of new methods.
· Evaluate and supply feedback on raw materials to help maintain supply chains.
· Ensure high-quality validation of reagents.
· Plan, execute and report laboratory work.
· Involved in day-to-day activities (hands-on in the lab).
· Prepare transfer of assay design to production, including QC methods, in collaboration with production staff.
· Oversee and troubleshoot any issues arising from existing products.
· Remain updated with the latest scientific and technical developments in the field and contribute with ideas and suggestions to grow the business.
· Remain flexible within reason to support the team in achieving site targets.
Qualifications/Requirements for the position
· 5+ years of experience planning, executing, and documenting product development in a quality system-regulated environment (ISO13485 or similar) in a biotechnology or IVD company.
· Experience in leading small cross-functional project teams.
· Experience in training, coaching, and mentoring less experienced team members.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment, working on multiple projects with evolving priorities and deadlines.
· Proactive mindset with a strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
· Excellent information management, time management, and organization skills.
· Proficiency in tissue staining, microscopy, image analysis, and data analysis.
· Driven, structured, result-oriented, and an excellent motivator and communicator.
· M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biomedicine, or equivalent.
· Fluency in English. (Swedish preferred but not required).
· Demonstrated ability to carry out independent original scientific work.
· Knowledge and practical experience in immuno-oncology.
· In-depth scientific knowledge and understanding of spatial protein profiling methods with emphasis on immuno-profiling.
· Experience in validation and QC methodology.
· Project Management Education (e.g., PMI).
· Ph.D. advantageous but not required.
· …make every day count!
· …listen to and learn from our customers and colleagues
· …communicate with honesty and clarity
· …stay true to commitments
· …value differences, treat everyone with respect and support others
· …have a positive “can-do attitude,” which turns challenges into successes
· …always strive to have fun!
· …are creative, driven, result-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated